Sunday, December 30, 2012

tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Review

I really like the tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes. I think that they have a great color payoff, they last for a long time, they look natural and blend wonderfully. Because the colors are so pigmented, there is the chance that they can go on a bit strong, but that is why I love that they blend so naturally. I recommend setting foundation, if you use liquid or cream products (like I do), before adding your blush, to ease your blending. I also really like the packaging. I wish the mini-sizes had mirrors as well, that would be my one complaint. But I actually really like the plastic casing that matches the color of the blush. I find the cases to be very sturdy, and good for someone who is busy and on the go because you know what you are grabbing by the outside color.

I think the color selection that tarte has is great. I find that there is a great collection. I got a handful of these blushes this holiday season in mini-sizes. I really think the mini-size blushes are great because I don't know how I am going to get through all the full-size blushes I currently own, so the mini-size blushes are a great way to try out more colors. The full-size blushes are available at Sephora, Ulta, or tarte's website. Full-size blushes are 0.20 oz and are $25.00. I am thinking I might need to pick up the ever popular "Exposed" shade, but so far I have been drawn to more bold and bright colors. But I think I will make that the next one on my list to try out.

I have included a review with stock pictures of the products in this post.





Adventerous
Adventerous: Satin-finish warm-toned rosey-red with an iridescent sparkle and sheen that was included in the Sephora "Baby, it's bold outside" kit as a mini blush. This blush is the smallest, its 0.05 oz or 1.5g which is 1/4 of a full-size tarte blush. This color has great payoff. Its what I would call a fall/winter shade, as it is deeper and livens up my cheeks in this winter months. I really like the entire kit, I received it as a Christmas gift, and I am sure I will do a review of the entire set soon. I don't think that this is a color that I would have purchased solo, as I tend to go for more cool-toned blushes, but I really am enjoying it.


Angelic

Angelic: Frosted gold highlight with gold sparkle. This was a part of the "Baby, it's bold outside Fantastic Foursome" Holiday set. This highlighter is 0.10 Oz or 3.03g, which is 1/2 of a full-size tarte blush. Once again, I think having these mini-sizes is perfect. I think that this shade is similar to theBalm Mary Lou-manizer, which is a favorite of mine. But the powder in that compact shattered, and despite repressing, I am hesitant to carry it in my everyday makeup bag. I think that this is a perfect replacement. I often don't have a chance to do my makeup until I am en route to work, and I really like having a full variety in my everyday makeup bag that I carry. This is a great highlighter. It's slightly powdery, but blends in really smoothly.
Dazzled


Dazzled: Matte mauve-pink with gold glitter. This is part of the full-size line available at Sephora. Full-size is 0.20 oz or 5.6g, which is a very generous sized high end blush. This is a great everyday blush, as the color is neutral enough for work. I keep this in my everyday makeup bag. I find that this blush brightens my face and really helps to liven me up in the morning. It lasts all day, even when my work days extend well beyond 8 hours, which they often do. I am usually hesitant to wear blush with glitter, but I find that this glitter does not end up sticking around that long, which is fine by me.


Fantastic
Fantastic: Matte cool bright pink. This was a part of the "Baby, it's bold outside Fantastic Foursome" Holiday set. This highlighter is 0.10 Oz or 3.03g, which is 1/2 of a full-size tarte blush. I love cool toned blush, and this one is no exception. I do find that this blush is a bit dusty, but it is incredibly pigmented. This will be a perfect spring/summer time blush. I am looking forward to using this blush more when things warm up, and on my trip to Florida in the next few weeks. This color works really well on my fair skin, and I actually would look to purchase something similar full-size when I finish this one.
Flush



Flush: Satin deep berry. This is part of the full-size collection available at Sephora. Full-size is 0.20 oz or 5.6g, which is a very generous sized high end blush. This blush is incredibly pigmented. It takes a light hand to get the right look for me, but I love the look that this blush ends up giving, its truly a flushed look. This shade is cool-toned which works well with my naturally cool-toned skin and looks like a very natural flush on me. I love the texture and pigmentation of this shade. It is extremely smooth, not at all powdery, and the pigmentation is pretty hard to beat. I know that this shade will last me a long time, as I barely touch the blush in order to get enough to apply. I really like this shade, and while I don't use it everyday, because its a little harder to make work because its so pigmented, so I have to be able to have the time to properly apply and buff into my skin. I would recommend this color to anyone, as I think it would be flattering on several different skin tones. I also like that this color transcends seasons, and I love wearing it in the winter to brighten up my face.
Magic

Magic: Matte pink-coral with silver micro-glitter. This was a part of the "Baby, it's bold outside Fantastic Foursome" Holiday set. This highlighter is 0.10 Oz or 3.03g, which is 1/2 of a full-size tarte blush. This is a great spring/summer time blush. Its greatly pigmented, slightly powdery, but easily blended. I have a plethora of pink-coral shades, so I don't know if I would have picked this shade up solo, but I don't have any shades that are satin/sheen finishes. The micro-glitter that I see when I look at the blush in the pan does not translate on the cheek, and I find this to be a beautiful matte blush. I really think that this shade naturally livens up the face, and makes me look more alive even when I am exhausted and could use a few more hours of sleep.
Peaceful

Peaceful: Satin peach with silver and iridescent glitter. This is part of the full-size collection available at Sephora. Full-size is 0.20 oz or 5.6g, which is a very generous sized high end blush. This shade is gorgeous, it is similar to but much lighter and frostier than Magic. I think it would be beautiful to layer the two, I may have to try that out soon. I really love this shade in the warmer months, as it is lighter and frostier. I also think it really warms up the face. I normally like blushes that are a little cooler, but I find that this shade really goes well with my skin tone. It reminds me of benefit Coralista, one of my all-time favorite blushes, but a little less pink. I have been enjoying this shade for over a year, and I have barely made a dent in the blush.

Stellar

Stellar: Nude with silver glitter. This was a part of the "Baby, it's bold outside Fantastic Foursome" Holiday set. This highlighter is 0.10 Oz or 3.03g, which is 1/2 of a full-size tarte blush. This shade looks like it will be a good "neutral" type shade. I have played around with it a bit, but have not really worn it yet. I think that its a good shade to wear though when going with a more bold lip/eye look, and just to warm up the cheeks and keep them more natural looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment