Sunday, November 18, 2012

Influenster: Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin

I received the Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin in Light Hair in the recent Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012.


This set of two retails for $7.29 at Target, drugstores, etc and you can check out all of Goody's offerings on the Goody Website. This set comes with two light or blonde shaded spin pins.

These are fantastic. I was skeptical at first, and I cannot tell you how many time I have walked by these in the store, tempted to pick them up and try them out, but have always hesitated. I think I hesitated because I thought even if they work, they wouldn't work for my hair because its so fine. 

I now keep these in my work makeup bag, as a backup for putting my hair up quickly, easily (even without a mirror) and professionally when I need it up and would otherwise have reverted to a ponytail.


My hair is medium-long and is very fine and thick at the same time. My hair texture is extremely fine but I have a lot of it. I wasn't sure that something like these that is without any grip, would keep my hair up, and I was also worried that because I have so much hair, it wouldn't be able to all be held up by the spin pins. 

Well let me tell you, all my concerns were wrong.  I love these and the way that they work. I do like to do a ponytail holder to hold my hair first, but I may stop doing that as well. I think it's more out of habit than anything else. Then I twist my hair and put it around the ponytail holder and then do a spin pin from the top right and one from the bottom left. The key is to make sure they do not get interlinked, I have a feeling that could be bad. One time I did have an issue with one of the pins coming loose while I was wearing it, but that was once out of maybe 10-15 times of using them so far. I would call that user error.

Disclosure: This item was sent complimentary for testing/review as a part of Influenster's Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment