Sunday, April 21, 2013

NOTD: China Glaze For Audrey and Revlon Radiant

In Michigan, spring can be very fickle. As a way to combate the 35 degree drop in temperature this past week, I decided a nice robin's egg blue manicure was in order. Sometimes something as simple as a manicure can help to brighten my mood.


I painted all nails with China Glaze For Audrey, a cream robin's egg blue. I really love the color. I typically do two to three coats. The first coat is streaky, but it builds up very nicely and ends up a very nice opaque creamy coverage. This is the first China Glaze polish I bought and I would say it is not my favorite of all China Glaze, in terms of formula, but I do love the color. I tend to wear this color in the spring, sometimes into the summer, and occasionally I think it can be cute in the winter. I really love robin's egg blue so there is really no going wrong for me. I have used this polish up, and recently repurchased as part of the China Glaze ombre kit in Wait Teal You See, I haven't done an ombre manicure yet, but I am excited to try it out!




I decided I wanted a little sparkle too. So I added Revlon in Radiant, a multi-sized blue-green glitter polish suspended in a clear base. I really like the variance in the size of the glitters that are suspended in the base. I really enjoy the multi-dimensional look that this glitter gives.

I really like this glitter, and find it has great staying power. I have worn this as a full manicure as well, and find with three thin coats it gives a great opaque coverage that doesn't cease to dazzle me with its sparkle.

I really enjoyed this manicure, and it lasted with minimal tip wear for five days.



No comments:

Post a Comment