Thursday, April 25, 2013

NOTD: OPI My Pointe Exactly and Revlon Stunning






I am so tired of the rain, although here in southeast Michigan we also had an appearance of snow today, which I am not any fonder of as we near the end of April!


My good deeds of Tuesday did a number on my manicure, so I decided to do a new sparkly grey look. Reminiscent of the dreary rain we are having.

OPI My Pointe Exactly is a sheer cool toned grey jelly finish polish that came out with the NYC Ballet Soft Shades 2012 last spring. The collection actually had a glitter polish in Pirouette My Whistle, which is very reminiscent of the Revlon Stunning. I don't have the OPI glitter polish because I believe I already had the Revlon glitter at the time the OPI collection came out.



I really enjoy My Pointe Exactly. I did two coats today for a slight jelly like appearance with the tint of grey. If I wear it solo, I usually do three thin but full coats, to get a slightly more opaque jelly finish. The finish has a nice shine to it, although I always use a top coat to add a little extra wear time and shine. I have had good results using this polish in the past for wear time. Although I do not wear this color constantly, I have gotten a decent amount of usage out of the polish, especially given that I got it probably around last May, so its been less than a year. The bottle is probably about 2/3 full. I really like this color, and sans glitter I have worn it for more formal work occasions, including administrative hearing appearances.



Revlon Stunning is truly that, just stunning. There are small holographic glitters and larger hexagonal holographic glitters suspended in a clear base. I love the different colors that come from this glitter, you can really see it in the bottle in the pictures above and to the left. On the nails it is captivating, but not overpowering, which is why I enjoy this polish so much. I do wish that there was a larger ratio of the larger hexagonal glitters, as I sometimes find it is hard to get even one on each nail. But other than that, I think its a pretty perfect glitter and one of my favorite "neutral" glitters.



No comments:

Post a Comment