Monday, February 6, 2012

January 2012 Favorites

Some Favorite things of January 2012:

1. OPI Ski Teal We Drop Nail Polish. I love this deep teal cream nail polish so much, and I am so happy that I found it and bought it at Ulta this month. I typically won't buy nail polish unless its on sale because I have more than enough and I don't really think $8.00 for a nail polish is necessary, but I did decide to splurge on this one. I truly prefer this to Zoya Cynthia which I received with the Zoya promotional code this month as well. Cynthia is a much deeper teal and looks practically black, a little too dark for me.

2. Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Foundation. I got a sample of this at Sephora this month, and I think I am sold. It gives a nice lightweight but long lasting finish with a good amount of coverage. Although this is toted as "full coverage" I do not think it is, but it provides great coverage for an uneven skin tone, and helps with undereye circles and some problem spots.

3. MAC Joie de Vivre Cremeblend Blush. This was a rediscovery for me. I love the brightening effect of this beautiful pinky-coral blush, and with my unusually dry skin this winter, I definitely prefer this lightweight cremeblend blush formula. Sadly its almost all gone.

4. MAC Fix Plus Spray. Another rediscovery. I haven't used this in a while, and I have been using it as part of my makeup all days that I have the time to really do my makeup. After applying primer, foundation, concealer and blush, I spritz on MAC Fix Plus and then after its dried down, I do a light dusting of Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder, and I have an all day/night look.

5. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Pencil. I got the special edition 5 piece set in December, and I love each and everyone of these for an easy lip look that lasts and smells very refreshing.

I am guessing that several of these things will be recurring as my favorites. My goal for February is to use what I already have and not spend any money on beauty related items, or really pretty much anything, as I am hoping to take a trip to Florida in March. I do have an Ulta gift card with maybe $10 left on it, and $25 Macy's gift card, so those don't "count", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment