Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring 2013 Empty Products

I have gone through quite a few products recently. I wanted to give a short review of the empty products that have been piling up.

Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 20
I had this as a deluxe sample, 0.5 fl oz, and I loved this moisturizer. I have not purchased a full-size, due to it's high cost, but when I am through my backlog of skincare products, I would seriously consider this moisturizer. It is not perfect, but I really like the effect it has on my skin. I felt like my skin was very moisturized all day, and it didn't feel heavy. I used this as a day cream because of the SPF. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to keep their skin well moisturized and get great skincare benefits. I do not have a plethora of wrinkles, just some light lines under my eyes, but I did feel that my skin look refreshed while using this moisturizer.

Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Lay it on Thick
I had this body moisturizer for awhile without using it. I recently uncovered it and started using it on my legs and feet after the shower. It is a very rich moisturizer that helped to nourish my parched skin. I like that there is little scent to this product, smells simply of shea butter, and that it works so well. I will consider purchasing if I see it on a special, but I have many body lotions I need to get through first.




Benefit Porefessional
I had this as a mini-sample from a set at Sephora. I have already purchased the full-size and I really enjoy using this. This skin perfecter really fits into what I recall as one of Benefit's "fake it" products, to fake whatever you are looking for, and this fakes a poreless complexion. I have large pores on and surrounding my nose, as well as acne scarring on the side of my cheeks. This product is a beige colored silicone textured 

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
I used to work for Benefit at a Macy's and I have been intrigued by the new skincare products that came out in the past few years. I really did not find anything special about the old skincare products when I worked there in 2009. I liked this moisturizer a lot, but I was a little take aback by the strong floral scent, and for that reason I would be very unlikely to repurchase. I have very strong allergies, and this floral scent tended to trigger a reaction. I did really enjoy the texture of the cream, I found it was nice and rich and really moisturized my skin.


Bumble and bumble Tonic Lotion
This is an absolute staple in my hair care routine. I use this every single time I wash my hair and also on no wash days to liven up my roots. 

Estee Lauder Hydrationist
I really enjoyed this gift with purchase sample. I used to use the DayWear on a consistent basis and repurchased and repurchased. My skin has gotten dryer over the last year, and I think that is why I truly enjoyed this sample. This moisturizer is known for its hydrating quality, and it is more nourishing than DayWear. I really like the scents of Estee Lauder products. I would consider purchasing this or another Estee Lauder moisturizer in the future.

Make Up For Ever Lab Shine Lip Gloss in S2
This is a light peachy-nude with shimmer. I liked the consistency of this lip gloss and smell. It was not very sticky, and I liked light sparkly finish that it gave. It had a nice mix of the creme base and glitter, so it was not overpowering with glitter.

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Light Blonde
I just recently started getting into doing my brows, in about the past six months. Previously I pretty much stuck to clear mascara to keep the unruly hairs down, but I have started using more brow products. This has been the first success. At first I found the pencil to be somewhat dry, but I found that  the dry nature of the pencil works for creating the look of small hairs in the bare areas of my brows. This color works really well for me, and I am glad I tried this. I have already repurchased this brow.

Ole Henrickson African Red Tea See the Difference Serum
I bought this with the Express the Truth moisturizer as a mini-trial set from Sephora that went unused for quite sometime until I realized that the expiration date was fast approaching. I instantly put this in my everyday face routine. This serum is light weight and came in a pump bottle. I used this every night before my moisturizer all over my face and down my neck. The scent is herbal with a slight sweetness. I would consider repurchasing this product. I am currently using Philosophy's help me as my night time skin treatment.

Ole Henrickson Express the Truth
I bought this with the African Red Tea See the Difference Serum as a mini-trial set from Sephora that went unused for quite sometime until I realized that the expiration date was fast approaching. I instantly put this in my everyday face routine. I used this moisturizer every night over the African Red Tea serum. This moisturizer worked just fine. There was an herbal scent to this moisturizer that I did not care for at first, but it grew on me. I will not repurchase, as I did not find it to be rich enough for my skin.

Philosophy Candy Cane Lip Shine
This was party of a holiday set. This is a clear no sparkle moisturizing lip gloss with an amazing peppermint scent. I love the philosophy lip gloss formula. I do not think I have ever had one that I do not enjoy. I used this throughout the work day to freshen my lip look.

Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Lip Shine
This is one of my favorite lip gloss scents/colors from philosophy. It is a light pink/coral sparkled moisturizing lip gloss with a melon daiquiri scent. I have repurchased this lip gloss before, in this scent. and I would love to repurchase it again but I have not seen it in some time.

Philosophy Red Licorice Lip Shine
This was party of a holiday set. This is a berry/red sparkled moisturizing lip gloss with an amazing licorice scent. I really enjoyed this lip gloss to add a little more color over a nude lipstick or when my lipstick has totally worn away. I kept this on my desk at work to freshen up my look.

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara
I really enjoy this mascara, I think that it helps to keep my curl, and creates volume for my lashes. I have length, but my lashes are blonde/light brown and so I need mascara to show the length of my lashes. My lashes are relatively thick but I love when a mascara creates more volume for me. I really like the brush on this mascara, it has two dips that create three balls in the wand.

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
I have repurchased and repurchased and repurchased this mascara. I usually get it with kits on QVC, so I don't feel guilty about getting a $19 mascara. Its always tough for me to spend nearly $20.00 on a mascara (although my favorite mascara is Lancome Hypnose which is nearly $30). I love getting these mascaras with QVC kits because its so cost effective. This mascara gives great volume and length, but does not look over the top.

Tresemme Freshstart Dry Shampoo
This is the only dry shampoo I have ever used and I do really like it, although I think I might try something else when I use up my last bottle. I typically wash my hair every other day, and I only use dry shampoo when necessary, which isn't every no wash day, it depends on the weather, the products I used the day before, and overall styling of my hair.  This dry shampoo is at a great price point. I don't think I have ever paid more than $4 per bottle, with coupons/specials.

Ulta Automatic Lip Liner in Bloom
I purchased this lip liner for $1.00 during one of the many Ulta brand sales. This color is a medium pink color. I really like the automatic lip liner as I don't find that I need a precise point to use it, and I think that sharpening lip liners can be a mess. This lip liner a good standard color to have, easy to use, inexpensive and worth looking into. I already have a backup of this color, and a couple of other colors in this style that I got during an Ulta sale.

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
I received this sample in a Birchbox. I thought it was horrible. I should not be so dramatic because it was moisturizing, but I did not like the smell at all. Luckily the sample was super small so I used it up in one use on my legs. I would not purchase or recommend this product at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment