Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NOTD: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Peachy Keen


I got the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Peachy Keen last fall when the old formula was being discontinued and the line was being reformulated.

I picked up several nail polishes at that time - I should probably update my nail polish swatches - and I have been really enjoying the finish and wear time on the line. I am interested to try out the new formulation, but I cannot bring myself to pay full price. I try not to buy drugstore cosmetics at full price.

I am not really a fan of conservative safe nail polish colors. But I like having more conservative options, such as this beautiful nude-peach shade. I think that this a great modern twist on a classic professional nail look. I do not care for french manicures, and I think this a great alternative to that sort of classic look.


Color: A peachy nude color that nearly matches my skin tone, but does not make me hands look dead. I am extremely pale with pink undertones, and this polish is not too warm for me. Which i really like. Its almost a neutral peach color. This is a nice slightly shear and creme finish shade. I did three coats to get the finish on my nails here, which is an opaque look. 

Formula/Application: The formula is a good medium consistency. This line is supposed to be the complete manicure, base + color + top coat, but I always wear a base and top coat with all my nail polish looks. I found that there was slight streaking but the polish leveled itself out, which is great. 


Wear Time: I wore this manicure without chipping for about 5 days, I started to get some tip wear, but I found that the overall look was still good on day 5 when I removed this polish.  I did add an accent nail on my ring finger (that I neglected to take a picture of) around day 3. 

Would I repurchase? Absolutely, I do not think I will need to, as I have so many polishes. But I do really like this color. I do not know if this color is in the newly revamped line.  I have made a decent dent in the bottle, which is because I wore this shade several times when I first purchased, and then again when I had a series of interviews, this was my go to shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment