Thursday, May 23, 2013

NOTD: Julep Claire and Revlon Radiant


This manicure is a combination of Julep Claire and Revlon Radiant. I got Claire in my first Julep Maven box and I got Radiant about a year ago.


After my very neutral and subdued last manicure, I wanted to go for something bold and bright, which is what inspired this look. And I felt that this was a perfect spring look. We hit the 90's on Monday, so this manicure felt just perfect to mark the real start of spring time!

Color: Claire is an opaque cream bright sky blue. This polish makes me think of a summer day sky. I did two coats for this manicure. Radiant is a multi-sized and colored glitter suspended in a clear base. There is bright blue micro-glitter and bright blue, silver and green larger hexagon shaped glitters.

Formula/Application: The consistency of Claire (and other non-glitter Julep polishes I have tried is thin. Which means there was streaking on the first coat, but with two coats, it self-leveled and gave a perfectly opaque look. I like the mix of the micro glitter and the larger pieces in Radiant. I find that the coverage is very good on this glitter. I got the look I have here with two thin coats. I have worn this shade solo with three coats, I tend to put a base color down to make sure that if there are any bare spots left you cannot see them. I love the look of this multi-dimensional glitter. As with all glitters, Radiant leaves a gritty texture, but I find that with a good medium-thick layer of seche vite I am not bothered by this at all.

Wear Time: I am on Day 3 of this manicure, and it is still going stronge. This is my first time really wearing Claire, so I don't know what the wear time will be like. I have worn Radiant a lot in the past, and I can usually get 5 days without chipping, unless I use a bad base/top coat, and then on occasion I have had this glitter chip off.

Would I repurchase? No and yes. I do not think I would repurchase Claire. I have a lot of blue-toned nail polishes, and this is a true blue, but I tend to like the more green blues, such as aqua, turquoise, teal. As far as Radiant goes, yes, I really do think that I would repurchase this. It is probably my favorite glitter, and definitely what made me start to try out the Revlon glitter polish formula, which I think is great. The mix of micro and larger glitter pieces with the mix of green and silver in the blue based glitter is what makes this color so multi-dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment