Saturday, August 24, 2013

Shopping my Collection - August 2013

Lately, I have been working on shopping my stash and using up some items. I think I have been doing pretty well with my efforts, and although I am not doing a "traditional" project 10 pan, I decided that writing about it might keep me more committed to this.  I collected together some of the items I would like to use up above, although this is not all inclusive of the products I am working my way through.

I went through my daily makeup bag, the one I take with me when I am running out of the house and haven't finished my makeup. And I also went through my storage system, and found some gems tucked in the back, as well as some products that just really need to be used up.

The items I am working on using up include:
Almay Pink blush (really old)
benefit porefessional primer
benefit some kind-a gorgeous foundation faker
benefit Fawn over me eyeshadow
Korres Face Primer
Laura Mercier Radiant Primer
MAC Springsheen blush
MAC shadows
- holiday collection depot (purple)
- Pressed Gold Mode Pigment
- Pressed Your Ladyship Pigment
MakeUp Forever setting powder
Mary Kay Eye Primer
Revlon Peach Sorbet matte eyeshadow
Sephora Peach eyeshadow
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Foundation Fair
Tarte Clean Slate 360 creaseless primer
Tarte Perky LipSurgence
Tarte Recreate Primer
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer
Wet and Wild Brulee eyeshadow *2 (one is in pieces and I don't take that one to go)

This is all I can think of for the time, but I have no problem deviating from this list and adding additional items. Some of these items are a part of my everyday makeup currently (i.e. benefit Porefessional) where as some have been sitting in the back of my makeup storage (i.e. Almay pink blush).

Additionally, I am not going to stop using the items I love to use for my everyday looks, I am just hoping to incorporate some of these items in additionally. I have not necessarily cut myself off from buying any makeup until I finish all these items, but then again I have been pretty good about not really buying a ton of makeup lately. I splurged during the CVS clearance but got such great deals, that I don't even feel that bad. My other recent weakness has been Tarte on QVC, and skincare products.

I haven't purchased any eyeshadows, other than near freebies during the CVS sales most of this year, so thats great. I did purchase several drugstore blushes with discounts and got two Tarte blushes this year, so I really do need to stop buying blush!

I want to try to figure out what skincare, skin base products are my go to's and just purchase those going forward. I think it is great to have variety in color products, but I have a great variety. There are few of those areas that I don't have a vast variety to keep me varied and thoroughly entertained with different looks. I have built up my lip products as well this year, with the addition of the six Milani lipsticks, and several Revlon Super Lustrous and Physician's Formula Lipglosses.

I am also persing through my collection a bit and picking out some powder products that I can take to leave down at my family's home in Florida, that way I won't have to pack as many things when I go down, and that will guarantee that some less loved products in my collection will get some use when I am down in Florida. I think I would only do this with powder products, as I am only down there a couple of times a year. But that is a project I can tackle this week before I leave for Florida for Labor Day Weekend.








No comments:

Post a Comment