Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 2013 Monthly Favorites

July 2013 was a very busy and fun month. My birthday is July 11, and I turned 30 this year, which at first was frightening, but has really been great. I have a bought a couple of things that I am really liking and also started rediscovering some older favorites. I have two daily makeup bags that I keep packed, with the essentials to do a full face on the go.


l'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream. This face cream is one of the most luxurious products I have ever tried. I originally got a sample and instantly fell for this product, and purchased the full-size as a birthday present to myself in July. It is a thick consistency moisturizer that thoroughly moisturizes the skin. I find it leaves my skin feeling moisturized all day. I do not find it to have any amazing anti-aging qualities, but that is what treatments are for, and this is just too nice not to love. It was pricey but I am happy that I purchased it.

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in 810 Classic Ivory. I wore this foundation nearly every day in July. My bottle is almost empty. Its getting to the point where I can't get it to pump out very easily and I have to pull the pump out to get some foundation. This foundation is meant to be a primer + foundation + concealer all in one. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to wear a separate primer and concealer, but in a pinch the foundation by itself works just fine.  The finish of this foundation is nice because it keeps shine down but does not look unnaturally matte. 

Real Techniques Expert Face  Brush. If I am in a rush, I use my fingers to do my foundation, but I really like using this brush to give a nice airbrush like finish to my face.

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair. I have been using this powder off and on since January, when I first picked it up.  I really like the texture and finish of this powder. It does not give a lot of coverage, but it is great for keeping my foundation looking great all day long, and it does not make it look to heavy or dry.

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fair. This concealer gives fantastic coverage. It has a thicker texture, which helps to create flawless coverage. The only downfall to this concealer is the packaging, my concealer split open just below the nozzle, and I had to decant the product into a separate potted container. As a result, it is less convenient and sanitary than the squeeze tube, which I do prefer.

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen. This peachy-coral blush has a beautiful golden sheen. It is similar to benefit Coralista, but a little less pink. I have had this blush for awhile now and its nearing its end. I have been using this blush almost every day, in part because I think its perfect for summertime and in part because I would like to get it finished. Blushes are so hard to finish up. 

Tarte Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess. Now that its summer, and although I rarely rock a tan due to my fair skin and sunscreen propensity, I do like to add a little warmth to my skin. I have been using this bronzer lately. It is not completely matte, as it has a somewhat satin finish to it, but I like that because I think it helps to keep my skin looking like skin.

Wet n Wild eyeshadow in Brulee.  I am nearing the end of this eyeshadow, and its my second one. This is a great neutral that I can pair with bolder colors to keep it more neutral. This shadow has great texture and is a steal at $1.99.

MAC eyeshadow in Surreal. This frosted light blue/green shade with a gold sheen is a gorgeous summertime shade. I like to wear it with Wet n Wild Brulee on the lid and this in the crease. I believe this color has been discontinued, which is sad. This shade is a frost formula, but I don't find it to be too frosted. And despite the fact that it is pigmented, it seems to have an almost translucent quality. I find that makes it perfect for a day look with this seemingly over the top color. For a more dramatic look I will put this on the lid with either a deeper teal/blue/green in the crease, or I like pairing it with MAC Club which is a brown with green and red undertones.

Physician's Formula Organic wear Fake-Out Mascara in Ultra Black. I am trying to use more natural mascaras, although I have some on back up that are not as natural. But I am loving the full lash effect I get from this natural mascara which replaces the normal synthetic components with natural ingredients instead.

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick in Bright Berry. I bought this on an impulse when I had no lip color one day. Wow, am I glad that I did. I love jumbo lip color sticks that twist up, I mainly have Tarte and Revlon. This is more along the lines of the Tarte LipSurgences. It is moisturizing and pigmented, and I find that it leaves my lips feeling much softer than before i put it on. The color on this shade is a beautiful bright deep berry pink.

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in 24/7. I think I wore this color twice or three times in the month of July. It is a neon pink with a matte-like finish. This is a favorite, and I love it because 

No comments:

Post a Comment