Monday, June 3, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Colorstay in Bold Sangria


This manicure is a Revlon Colorstay in Bold Sangria. I think its a great deep purple color, not really spring appropriate, but I just bought it on clearance in the CVS beauty sale, so I wanted to test it out.  

Color: Bold Sangria is an opaque deep purple with an almost brown undertone to it. I love this sort of almost black color, I think it looks good on my short nails and with my light skin tone, although I think it is best in the fall and winter.


Formula/Application: The consistency of Bold Sangria was fairly average. I found that it applied really well, but there was slight streaking on some nails with the first coat.  I did two coats, but I think with better prep of my nails, I didn't buff my nails prior to application, I would be able to get by with one coat. This deep color applies completely opaque. One of the claims of this polish is a gel-like shine, although it does state that you should use the line's base and top coat for that result. I do not own the base and top coat from the line, so I used my Seche Clear base coat and Seche Vite fast dry top coat.  Even without using the base and top coat of the line, this polish finishes with a very nice shine, better than other polishes I have seen. I found that with the Seche Vite this manicure had more shine than my normal manicures, and I really enjoyed that. 
Wear Time: I painted my nails Thursday night and removed the polish on Sunday night. That is just three days of wear, but I helped my mom remove her gel nails on Friday and got a bit of acetone on my right hand. My left hand was still perfect tonight when I removed the polish, but my right hand could have looked better, hence the change in polish.

Would I repurchase? I have a couple of different deep purples, this is not my favorite of what I have. I do like the formula a lot though. I wouldn't repurchase this polish, and I honestly don't think its going to be available any longer, as I got it 75% off at CVS. Definitely happy I made the purchase. 







No comments:

Post a Comment