Thursday, June 6, 2013

Clarisonic Mia

I bought the Clarisonic Mia in Teal at the end of March, during the Ulta 20% sale.  I went with the original Mia, I don't think that I need anything other than 1 speed, and I figured it was best to go with the most reasonably priced model as this is something new to me.

I had been using the Olay Pro-X brush previously, which I have since given to my sister to give a go. I think it was really good at giving a basic exfoliation of the skin, and it left my skin feeling very soft, but it was not doing enough for me.



Week 4 Review: I am just now beginning week four of using the Clarisonic Mia. I have been using it once a day, at night, to get my skin used to it, and I think I might switch to morning and night at the end of this week. My skin is still seeming to purge, although that has decreased quite a bit. I have one large deep blemish currently, although its getting better and several small blemishes along my chin. On the whole, my skin has gotten much better.

I have been using the Clarisonic with some Philosophy products. I have always loved the Philosophy purity made simple foaming 3-in-1 cleansing gel for face and eyes and I think the combination with the Clarisonic makes me enjoy this skin wash even more.  In addition, I have been using Philosophy help me retinol night treatment.

I have found that my skin has become much softer, and my pores are looking much better, although still not anywhere near perfect. I by no means am crediting this solely to the Clarisonic. I think that the Clarisonic does make my skincare work better by allowing it to penetrate my skin better, which in conjunction with the more deep cleanse that I get from the Clarisonic is really making a difference. I think once my skin finishes this "purging" I will feel even more positively about the Clarisonic, but right now with the blemishes along my chin, I am a little hesitant to sing the praises too loudly. I am really glad that I rediscovered my Philosophy help me retinol treatment as well, and I think that the two products have been the key to helping my skin recuperate.

Week 10 Review: My skin looks really good. I still get occasional blemishes, of course, but my skin has improved vastly since starting to use the Clarisonic Mia. I believe my skin stopped purging around probably week six. And since then I find that my skin texture has continued to improve. I have not noticed any great improvement in my acne scarring, except for what I credit to the Philosophy Help M which I know has done a great job of helping with my hyper pigmentation from acne in the past.

I use the Clarisonic Mia usually once a day, at night. I do skip days occasionally. I rarely find dry spots, unless I have been treating with salicylic acid products to spot treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment