Monday, June 10, 2013

NOTD: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale


This manicure is a Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale. I love the effect of this polish, although it was quite the mess to remove and didn't last that long. I am thinking it might be good for a pedicure, or for occasion nails. I just purchased Mermaid's Tale a couple of weeks ago when there was an ECB bonus on Sally Hansen at CVS.

Color: Mermaid's Tale is a very cool blue and green glitter with a colored base. This glitter is unique, and I like the variance in the glitter size. I referred to this manicure as my "Rainbow Fish" manicure, because to me the larger glitter looks like metallic blue/green scales on a fish.

Formula/Application: The consistency of Maya is pretty average/thick and applies very smoothly. With one coat, it gives a sheer jelly-like consistency. I did two coats for this look, and there is still a jelly-like sheerness to the polished look, I can see the nail line with two coats on. This polish finishes with a nice shine on its own, although I always add a top coat to maintain lasting power.


Wear Time: I am disappointed in the wear on this polish. I normally have good wear time from my Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes. This is the first polish I have bought in the reformulated version. However, I did not have a good 

Would I repurchase? No, unfortunately, the wear time and the mess of cleanup just don't make this worth it to repurchase.










No comments:

Post a Comment