Saturday, June 29, 2013

NOTD: OPI for Sephora Almost Famous

This manicure is OPI for Sephora Almost Famous. This a great metallic gold/silver with shimmer. I have this in a mini size from a holiday collection. It appears all the OPI for Sephora nail polishes are being discontinued as they are on sale for 50% off on Sephora's website. I must say this color started to increase in favor as a wore it. I found that there was a slight purple tint that I really enjoyed. I ended up adding Julep Vivien to my "accent" nail a few days in and I really liked the look of this together.

Color: This color is beautiful, its a metallic pewter with a micro-silver and micro-gold shimmer. Slight purple undertone to this polish, which made it more suited to my cool undertones. 

Formula/Application: The consistency of smooth, not gritty at all despite the shimmery/glittery look. It's a bit sheer and this look took three coats. 

Wear Time: I got pretty good wear out of this polish. I like the durability of OPI for Sephora polishes, and I am sad to see that they are being discontinued.



Would I repurchase? I like this color and for a minute while browsing on Sephora's website, I considered picking it up 50% off for the full size, but I really do not wear metallic colors that often, and although I like it, I just don't see myself purchasing. I prefer either cream finish or full out glitter finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment