Thursday, July 25, 2013

NOTD: Orly in Rage


This manicure is Orly in Rage. This a metallic rose gold color. Currently CVS has the Orly old packaged polishes on sale for 50% off so I picked this one up for $4.00. I only have one other Orly shade, but I think its a good workable formula and a good value as the polish has 0.5 fl oz.

Color: This is a metallic rose gold colored polish. It sometimes looks like a light pink metallic, and other times shines with a great gold color. I think this polish would look fantastic as a pedicure color and on anyone with a tan or deeper skin tone. Unfortunately I don't tan, but I still think its a good look, it is warm toned, but it still worked well with my cool-toned skintone. I got numerous compliments on this color!  

Formula/Application: I have only ever tried one other Orly polish, but so far so good. The finish felt a little grainy, although it didn't look that way, and it did apply smoothly, even if that is a complete contradiction. But I think that has more to do with the fact that it is a metallic. I found that two thin coats gave completely opaque coverage and great dimension of the color. 


Wear Time: I did my nails on Friday and just removed it Wednesday evening, however, there was some definite  wear on this polish. Today when I removed the polish, I had tip wear, which is pretty standard for me and as long as there is no chipping, it does not tend to bother me. What I found today was that there was almost like cracks in the polish. This has happened to my nails occasionally, for exmaple if my nail bends or experiences some other type of injury. But there were cracks in the polish on several of my nails today, and not from injury. Not sure if that has something to do with the polish or the top coat or some other unknown factor. I am wondering if this has something to do with being a metallic, I don't usually keep metallic finish polishes on for over a few days. I did use the Revlon Colorstay Base and Top Coats that I recently purchased. I am not sure if they made that much of a difference. I did like the shine I got from using them, and I found that there were no issues with application. 

Would I repurchase?  I would definitely recommend it, not sure I would repurchase though. As I don't think I will have a need to repurchase, and I am not sure the formula is the greatest. I really haven't found a completely smooth metallic polish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment