Wednesday, July 24, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Colorstay in Trade Winds


This manicure is Revlon Colorstay in Trade Winds. This a light nude beige color. I got this as part of the current CVS special, all Revlon nail polish is $4.99 with $3.00 extra bucks. As silly as it sounds, I have been wanting this color for the name as well as the color. My grandparents used to own a condo in a unit called "Trade Winds" in Florida, and it made me think of them. I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't like the color, but the name was a nice added smile.

Color: This is a great neutral beige. I think it looks really good on my pale cool undertone. Beige and other nude colors can sometimes be difficult for me because they are too warm, this color is not. I did two coats to get this coverage. There are some imperfections, but that is user error, in that I was restless and instead of waiting for my nails to dry all the way I just started doing things with them still wet and got a nick on the ringer finger and some smudging. I was able to mostly smooth it out with a healthy dose of Seche Vite.

Formula/Application: I really like Revlon Colorstay formula. Honestly, I think I have really liked every Revlon shade I have ever tried. But I do especially like the Colorstay formula. I found that this polish went on extremely smoothly and with little streaking. I got a nice finish with one coat, but it was still slightly translucent. With two coats it was opaque, and I am sure it would look good with a full three coats as well. I like that this polish is not too thick but still gives good coverage.  

Wear Time: I really like the wear time of my Revlon Colorstay polishes. I find I can get a full work week (i.e 5 days) out of these polishes with minimal wear. 

Would I repurchase? Yes, I do believe I would. I really like polish, and the wear time and finish. I find that a good neutral is always good to have, and so I am glad to have found this truly neutral nude polish. I think is perfect for a conservative work environment or other such needs. It's perfect when you want your nails to look nice but don't want them to stick out, so almost a "my nails but better" like the oh so popular "my lips but better". I might actually pick another one of these up as a gift this week while they are still on sale, I need to share the love.







No comments:

Post a Comment