Monday, July 29, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Brilliant Strength in Dazzle


This manicure is Revlon Brilliant Strength in Dazzle. This a light nude beige color. I got this as part of the CVS special, all Revlon nail polish is $4.99 with $3.00 extra bucks. I was looking for something that is a little outside my normal colors and finishes and this did the trick. I think its a great summer/spring color.

Color: This is a medium warm-toned coral/pink jelly polish with multi-colored flake glitter. I liked that this polish had a coral tint to it. It made it feel slightly more subdued. I got a fairly good coverage with two coats, although it is definitely not an opaque coverage. But I think another coat might make it opaque. 

Formula/Application: I found the formula to be fairly smooth. Because it has glitter in it, it wasn't perfect smooth. But the glitter flakes seemed to meld into the jelly finish and with the second coat it looked very smooth, and with the top coat it looks smooth, but it has a slightly uneven finish to the touch.


Wear Time: I am test-driving this nail polish out with the Revlon Colorstay Base and Top Coats, to see if this extends the wear time at all on the polish. I wore this for four days without a single chip. There was some tip wear on several fingers, but that is too be expected when you work at a computer all day, five days a week, like I do. I took the polish off even though the was very little wear on the nails because I wanted to change it up and I am actually just giving my nails a break for a few days. But I am very happy with the wear time that I got from this polish combo. 


Would I repurchase? This is definitely a color I could see myself repurchasing. I think its a great summer color. And I really do think it is a flattering color for all different skin tones. I think it has a good brightness to it that is perfect for the spring and summer months. I would also considering purchasing this color for gifting.




No comments:

Post a Comment