Monday, July 15, 2013

NOTD: Sinful Colors 24/7


This manicure is Sinful Colors in 24/7. This a true neon pink. It reminds me of this fantastic outfit I had back in 1990, when I was in first grade. Neon is big this season, and instead of spending a small fortune on higher end shades I might not wear too often, I decided to pick this one up at Target. It was $1.99. I think that is totally worth it. 

Color: This color is so very 1990, and I love it for that. This neon pink creme finished color is very reminiscent to me of the neon pinks that I loved in the late 80's and early 90's as a young kid. I had an obsession with neon pink and neon green. And believe me I was tempted to somehow add green to this look, luckily I don't have a neon green polish and stuck with the pink solo look. I wouldn't say the color is blindingly neon, but is definitely an attention grabber.
Formula/Application: As with most neon shades, this shade dries to a matte finish which shows off the streaky nature that the neon color can have. It took me three very thin coats to get this coverage to be streak free and opaque. With the addition of Seche Vite is has a gorgeous shine and I don't notice any streaking. 



Wear Time: I noticed after one day I had some chipping on the ends of the two nails, which is disappointing when it was so painstaking to get the desired look. I tend to do my nails at night while vegging out and watching tv or a movie, so that I can sit with my hands unused for a good period of time. 

Would I repurchase? I love the look of this color, especially for the summer. I think it would also make a great pedicure color. I think for the price, yes, I would probably repurchase. It takes a bit of patience and time to get good coverage and it appears that some chipping is going to happen, but I would rather get that result from a fairly inexpensive polish than spend four times as much and have the same result, especially because this color is not an everyday color for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment