Wednesday, July 31, 2013

NOTD: China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise with Wet N Wild Caught on Sapphire

Flash, indoor photo
This manicure is China Glaze in Turned up Turquoise with Wet N Wild in Caught on Sapphire as an accent nail. This a bright teal manicure with blue/teal large glitter accent. 

No flash, indoor no direct light
Outdoor
Color: The base color is a deep teal/green with a slight shimmer.  It is  chameleon type color, it gives completely different effects in different lighting and different settings. It is a "neon" but is not blindingly bright. It has a deeper and richer color to it then what I would typically classify as a neon.  The glitter coat is a clear base with large blue/aqua glitter and micro blue/purple glitter. This gives the entire accent nail a blue tinted look, due to the micro glitter.

Formula/Application: As a "neon" per se, the Chine Glaze in Turned Up Turquoise dried to a matte finish. There is a slight shimmer to the finished look. The first coat was slightly streaky, and left completely empty spots, but I was able to fix that with the second coat. I only did two coats with this look. As for the glitter, it was thick. But I was able to spread out the clear base and get the glitter evenly distributed. Each accent nail has two coats of glitter. I would have liked if it had more opaque glitter coverage. I also wish there was some green in the polish.

Wear Time: I did my nails on on Sunday night, and by Tuesday afternoon I had some major chipping on both my thumb nails, which are not usually the main nails to see chipping. I have minor chipping on another six nails, which leaves just two nails with minimum tip wear.  I think this is due to the neon formula of this polish, and pretty much put this polish is not a winner for me, at least in that department. It wore well for the first full day, so for occasion nails this would work.


Would I repurchase? No, while I like how bright the color is, the formula is not what I would like it to be. With noticeable chipping less than a full 48 hours in to my manicure, I am not happy. I would prefer a turquoise that is less green. But I do like this color. It is not my favorite teal/turquoise color that i have. This tone and neon intensity is unique in my vast blue/green collection, so I like having it.  I was somewhat disappointed by the glitter top coat, however, that may be because I enjoy Revlon Radiant so much, and this does not really compare to the opaque and unique quality that is imparted by the mix of glitters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment