Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Physician's Formula Organic Wear CC Curl + Care Mascara

Side view to show the curl.
Product: Physician's Formula Organic Wear CC Curl + Care Mascara
Color:  Ultra Black
Price:  $9.99
Size:   0.26 oz
Packaging:  Silver curved flat leaf patterned packaging with green script
Brush: Large curved rubberized bristle brush
Scent: None
Yay or Nay? Nay


This was a recent product debut for Physician Formula for 2014. This mascara, like many of the Physician's Formula mascaras has a lot of claims to live up to. For starters the front of the packaging states "Say goodbye to your eyelash curler". To be quite honest I don't use an eyelash curler on an everyday basis, especially because I have a tendency to be running late for work and do my makeup on the go. I was intrigued by the claim that it curls as well as the claim for "24 hour wear". I don't ever plan of wearing my mascara for 24 hours, but I find it interesting that a mascara would claim that. This mascara is nice and I like the curl effect, which I do not think is just a gimmick. The brush is a large rubberized bristle brush. It has a curve to it. I do not necessarily find the curve on the brush to be helpful or a hinderance with the application.



Two coats.

Color: I found this mascara to be a nice deep black color. I have used "darker" black colors before, but this is perfect for any everyday mascara look for me. It really darkens my lashes and makes them noticeable. 

Formula/Application: This mascara is said to "curl + care" the lashes. I did find that the lashes curled up nicely. I tend to be on the run a lot, and I do not often curl my lashes for my day-to-day activities so this mascara does the trick. I did find that this mascara left some extra buildup on my eyelashes. As you can see in the pictures the mascara builds up in a somewhat patchy manner, with clumping on the tips and randomly through the lashes.

Wear Time: I can't tell you if this lasts 24 hours, but I can tell you that it lasts a decent time.

Would I repurchase? No. I do not think this mascara is as good as the Organic Wear FakeOut or my Tarte mascaras. It was an interesting product to try though.



No comments:

Post a Comment