Thursday, September 27, 2012

Looking forward to this Fall...

I am really looking forward to fall suddenly, maybe its the dip in weather, its been in the 50-60's of late, or the college football in full swing as Big Ten games start this week, but for some reason I am embracing the jewel tones I love in fall, in my clothes and makeup, cardigans and sweatshirts, and cozying up with a down throw on my couch with a candle burning and a good book. Perfect fall afternoons.

Some of the makeup products I am most looking forward to this fall include:

- Cranberry, purple and green (think sumptuous olive or humid from MAC) eyeshadows - these tend to be staples for me in the fall, replacing the more bright and summertime shades I tend to wear when the weather is warm. I just painted my nails with China Glaze Urban-Night, deep purple, to match this cold weather.

Benefit Dallas Boxed Powder
- Benefit Dallas Blush. This is one of my all-time favorite blushes, but I only wear it in the fall/winter for some reason and I do love breaking it out.

- Nude colored lipstick. Another staple for me in the fall. I think its to balance my deeper/darker jewel toned colored eyes and even berry cheeks. I like to go with a more satin nude/mlbb type color. I don't do pinky-nudes, more so natural nudes, a la Benefit Lady's Choice and Estee Lauder's Pinkberry.

- Vanilla fragrances. Whether in perfume, body sprays, lotions or body wash, I tend to favor scents with a touch of vanilla as it is a warming and cozy scent to me.

I am also really looking forward to the influx of scarves into my daily wardrobe. I love scarves as an accessory piece and because my work environment often swings from warm to cold, I also love cute scarves that function for warmth as well. I tend to pick scarves up on clearance/after season sales if I can, and as a result I can pick up a couple of colors when I find such a great deal. I am excited to break my more functional scarves out. As well, I have packed away my summer purses, anything light and airy and summery, which was quite sad, but as a result I have also pulled out some long time favorites, including a coach wool houndstooth print with purple trim and embellishment, its a smaller bag that I don't use every day but I try as often as possible to grab for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment