Sunday, September 23, 2012

too many products, too little time.

I have found recently, after a thorough purging and reorganizing of the majority of my entire house since August, that I have more makeup than I can ever start to use up. I know, I already knew this is some sense, but it really hit me. I have been fairly good about not purchasing cosmetics lately. Although I did indulge in a Tarte QVC set in July, and on auto-delivery, but I skipped my previous tarte set's auto-delivery for July so I figured that was an almost even swap.

I have not done as well with nail polishes, so I need to make sure I hold back on any and all nail polish purchases going forward.

And I shouldn't need bath products for quite some time, as I received a ton of Philosophy 3-in-1's for my birthday in July.

As a result, I have decided to try to use my makeup before I can purchase. The only thing that I will allow myself to repurchase, if necessary, will be skincare products, but even with that, I have a good selection of samples/freebies (I picked up a full-size Origins moisturizer on Earth Day for free!) that I would like to give a try after I use up the products that I have.

As such, I imagine that if I stick to this plan, I will not actually be purchasing cosmetic products of any sort until sometime next year, at least not by necessity. I have decided that I will allow myself one of the auto-deliveries set for the fall for Tarte QVC sets I have ordered, and I really like the Tarte holiday sets, and saw images of some that look especially fantastic, the lipsurgence and the amazonian clay blush mini's, so those may possibly end up breaking my commitment not to buy any makeup.

Well this is my endeavor to get through products, so wish me luck. I have already started to go through my surplus of lotions, and that might be something I will eventually have to repurchase during this holidays/winter as the weather is causing my skin to be super dry and its only just started to get chilly out. I have over 20 of the mini Bath & Body Works lotions that they have on special at various times for $1 or $2, and several of their spa collection lotions (the shea & cashmere is my favorite), as well as several philosophy lotions, and some unscented lotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment