Tuesday, September 25, 2012

QVC TSV Tarte Miracle of Maracuja Set Review

I just realized I never reviewed my QVC TSV Tarte Miracle of Maracuja Set Review after I received it.

I skipped the July 2012 shipment, I have barely made a dent in my maracuja oil, and I don't really enjoy the boxed eyeshadow set, so I decided to skip it. I haven't decided for sure on the October 2012 collection that is coming out.

Here is the stock picture of the items included:

Included in the kit are the following:

Maracuja Airblush Creme Blush, Amused Shimmering Poppy - I like this blush, but I don't love it. I love the Amazonian Clay blushes, can't say the same for this one. Its a lightweight cream deep coral colored blush.

Airblush Brush - I use this all the time, but not for the included blush. I tend to use it with either a finishing powder or a truly opaque powder blush.

Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss, Peaceful - I rarely use this, actually I'm not sure I've used it more than once when I originally got the kit (must add to my purse makeup bag). There is no color to this gloss, it left a pretty gloss, so my plan is to use it up by wearing it over more pigmented lipsticks that need some shine.

Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, Fair - I LOVE this product. I don't often say that, but I truly do. I am discovering quickly that my favorite Tarte products tend to be their corrective products, foundation and concealer, rather than the their color (with the exception of lipsurgence and amazonian clay blushes). This concealer has great pigmentation, it can be thick, so you need to be good about blending it out, I suggest using your fingers to apply as it warms up the product and allows you to easily sheer it out. I do have one complaint, although not about the concealer that came in this kit - it came in a previous QVC kit I ordered, the product packaging broke around the nozzle and the product started coming out near the base of the nozzle when I squeezed, luckily I have this one to use on the go, and the other one I am going to attempt to put into some other packaging. 

Pure Maracuja Oil - I like this, but I can't say I am crazy about it. I do enjoy oils, but the smell of this one is nauseating. Its very moisturizing and you need just a little bit of product, which is perfectly portioned for you with one pump of the top.

Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - A great mascara. Lengthening and thickening, but still natural looking, which is what I like. 

Cashmere Waterproof Eyeliner, Black - Extremely rich black eyeliner which I have used maybe a handful of times, but thats because I don't often wear dark eyeliner, so I may have to try to incorporate into my daily routine somehow.

Eyeshadow Quad, Evoke the Smoke - this Quad has beautiful colors, but I really don't care for it. The purple is much too deep to work with as an everyday color and it can come off muddy. I really love the grey/silver and light pink. 


Overall, QVC had listed the value of the kit at $207, and I got it for approximately $70 when you add shipping/tax to the TSV price of $59.96. I think it was on overall good deal, but honestly, if I hadn't bought it this way, I can't be sure I wouldn't have just bought the brush, concealer and mascara (which I believe the value equals approximately what I spent) and I am using the oil and blush a fair amount. 

Sometimes these kits truly are too good to be true, what are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment