Friday, September 28, 2012

QVC Tarte Perfect & Treat Kit

I ordered this QVC TSV in July, with auto-delivery. The set cost approximately $60 with shipping and taxes. I will be getting shipments in November and March as well. I am not sure if I am going to get the November shipment, as I don't need more foundation at this time, and it will have a bronzing powder in the place of the brush. I am fair and I would rather not go blindly with a bronzer, as they tend to be much too dark.


This is the stock photo from QVC of the kit:




In the kit, I received:

1. Maracuja Miracle Full Coverage Foundation in Fair, $42 - This made the kit for me. I love this foundation. My skin has some dry areas, and I really like the way this felt on those areas. The color is pretty perfect, its a bit darker than the Amazonian Clay Foundation in Fair and a little pinker. I would recommend this foundation, but because I love a good deal, I don't know if I could bring myself to spend $42 to on this one alone.

2. Full Coverage Foundation Brush, $30 - There have been complaints about this one shedding online. I really actually like this brush a lot. I have found that it sheds a little bit, but after a couple of washings, I haven't found it to shed anymore.

3. ModernEYES Double-ended Shadow & Liner in Plumberry, $25 - I like the concept, having an eyeshadow color and liner in one product. I really thought I would love the color but I find it a little dark, so I don't find that I can use the shadow side as a shadow on its own, I like a little more brightness to my lid, otherwise my eyes look really closed in.

4. LipSurgence Lip Pencil in Smitten, $24 - I do not like the packing of these new LipSurgence pencils. One of my FAVORITE parts about the LipSurgence was the fact that there was no sharpener, so I am not super happy about that feature. This is a beautiful pink with a wonderful shine, and great staining effect that ensures that some color lasts well into the day. I love the formula, the color is beautiful and I must say that I love that the sharpener is built into the cap. In my opinion when you are dealing with a soft pencil, like this, you shouldn't be sharpening it, it causes a mess and a loss of product. If you don't mind the sharpener, I would recommend this product. And I always recommend the original LipSurgence pencils, I really like them and I have bought several.

5. Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, $19 - I haven't opened this mascara, as I currently have a Lights, Cameras, Lashes open, but as soon as that one is done, I will try this out and report back. I have seen reviews that say this is better than Lights, Cameras, Lashes, so I have high hopes.

6. Maracuja Oil Rollerball, $17 - This is a perfect sized travel maracuja oil. I have it in my travel toiletry kit. I really like the maracuja oil, although I am not crazy about the scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment