Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Influenster: Rescue Gum


What an interesting concept, stress relief gum. I am not a big gum chewer, in part because I suffer from TMJ and my jaw gets sore from chewing gum. I do like to have some on hand for after eating in the event of strong smelling foods, i.e. anything with garlic, and sometimes, especially when I am driving for work I find gum can be refreshing and help me stay awake. 

This gum is not really good for either of those two things for me. The taste does not linger long enough, nor does have it enough potency to really mask highly scented food breath, but I have not tried this, just my initial thoughts on that. And it doesn't invigorate me, but then again its not supposed to. This gum is supposed to be calming, soothing, stress relieving. 

I gave it a go, for what its supposed to be, and just before a bi-monthly department meeting at work, I grabbed a piece and shared with a couple of coworkers, and asked them to share their opinions as well. I don't know if necessarily destressed me, but I didn't get as anxious and stressed as I normally get in these meetings. To me I think that may be more of a placebo because I was expecting it. No one I was with really noticed destressing results necessarily, but I and my coworkers liked the fresh taste that the gum had and felt that if anything it had a soothing effect. 

I could see myself checking out the products from this line more generally, for gum, I will probably stick to the choices I use for specific purposes, but I will definitely keep this one in my purse and use it strategically, when the stress hits and see if I have any more poignant results.

Disclosure: This item was sent as a part of Influenster's Bride-to-Be VoxBox 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment