Sunday, November 18, 2012

Influenster: NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact

I received the NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact in 08 - Dark Shadows in the recent Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012.

This compact retails for $4.99 at drugstores, and you can check out all of NYC's offerings on the NYC New York Color website. This compact is nice because in addition to having 4 eyeshadow colors, to create a full eye look and a sponge-tip applicator, it also contains a primer and cream illuminator.

I like the idea of having the primer enclosed in the package. It is not the absolute best eye primer I have used by any means, but it does the job. I think that especially, for the purposes, that I like to use such palettes for this, this primer definitely meets the needs.

The colors in this kit do not appear to have individual names, however, they are well labeled by their proper placement, i.e. highlighter, al over lid, crease/contour. I think that for a newer makeup user this can be especially helpful, but I have a lot of makeup and don't always follow the directions as listed with such things.


What I did with this kit was to use the all over lid color, the lightest of the silver/gray colors all over my lid with a touch of the medium gray in my crease, and the deep grey/black as a bit of smudged eyeliner on my top line. I used the highlight shade in my inner corner highlight.

One complaint I have is that there were no completely matte colors, the colors all had either a shine or a glitter to them, and I like to have the option of matte, especially when it comes to my under eyebrow highlight. I used the primer to neutralize my skin under my eyebrow and left it as is, the one time that I used just the kit to do my makeup. The other times I have use the kit, I used a matte peach shade under my brow, and also as my all over lid.

Disclosure: This item was sent complimentary for testing/review as a part of Influenster's Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment