Friday, November 2, 2012

October Favorites

I have been sticking to the same routine for basically the entire month of October. So I guess I can call these all my favorites.

1. China Glaze Urban-Night Nail Polish.  This is a deep plum purple cream nail polish. I really love it for the fall, I picked it up last year, and I am pretty much done with the bottle. I think this is one of the first nail polishes that I have used up, its not quite there yet, but the texture is getting goopy at this point. I am going to try to find something similar or possibly find this exact color and repurchase, I like it that much. I think its perfect for fall, and its even a hit with my 91 year old grandma, who normally looks confused by my nail polish choices, but early this month said that she thought it looked pretty.

2. Benefit Porefessional Face Primer. I am really liking this primer, especially combined with my foundation below. I love that it gives me a flawless finish, and that I just need a little bit to do my entire face. I am almost out, so I am going to be looking at some other samples I have right now, but I anticipate I will be repurchasing.

3. Revlon ColorStay Whipped Cream Foundation. I purchased this on a discount, combining coupons, and I am really glad I did. I think it gives wonderful natural medium-full coverage, and wears excellently throughout the day. I have other foundation products to use up, so I am not sure I will repurchase for awhile when I run out, but at the same time I have been using it this entire month, and have made just a bit of a dent in the foundation.

4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dazzled. This is a beautiful rosy color with slight shimmer. It gives a natural glow to the skin, and brings some much needed color to my ever pale fall/winter skin. I could do without the shimmer, but it's slight and doesn't bother me.

5. Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12 hour primer. I got this in a small set with two face primers, and then picked up a full-size on a super deal at Ulta in September. I love this primer. A little goes a long way, and it really keeps my eye looks going. I work approximately 10-12 hours/day and my eyes look just as good when I get home as they did when I do my eye makeup.

6. Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet. This is the one of the most boring nothing colors I own, but it gives a beautiful base to my eyes, and I love that it is pigmented enough to cover my freckles, without looking to light or white on my eyes. It really gives me a perfect looking eyelid look.

7. MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe. I have been combining this with the Revlon Peach Sorbet in the crease for a very classic look. Its perfect to deepen my eye look and give it some sophistication without being too difficult or complicated. I really love this color and I always find it to be versatile, but its really been perfect this month.

I am going to work on venturing outside this look for the next month. I am thinking I might be delving more into deep purples and greens on my eyes. I really like the idea of expanding on a classic look, with a little bit of fall color.

No comments:

Post a Comment