Friday, November 8, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour Blush Flush


Product: Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour Blush
Color:  Flush
Price:  $26.00 
Size:   0.20 oz
Packaging:  opaque plastic packaging in the color of the blush
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  YAY

This blush is an absolutely beautiful deep cool-toned berry color. Its is a completely matte and has amazing pigmentation. When I first saw it, I was a little afraid of trying it out as I have insanely fair skin, but I am so happy I picked it up.

Due to the deep nature of this berry color, I tend to wear it more in the fall and winter. I find that it really plays off my skin and brings me enough color to breath life into my face. It gives an almost windburned cheek look, in a good way I promise.

As with all Tarte blushes, this blush is packed with major pigment, so you have to be careful with the application. I like using the Tarte duo fiber blush brush or the Real Techniques blush brush which is beautifully tapered and provides a nice light application with perfect blend out. I do find that because of this color's saturated pigment, that you have to careful with application because it can get too heavy really quickly if you use too heavy a hand or the wrong brush with too dense of bristles.

One of the great things with a color like this is that you can wear it extremely sheer or you can build the color up a little or make it full-on berry.



I am not sure I can swear to Tarte's assertion of this blush being a 12-hour blush, but I do find that it looks just as fresh after work as it did when I apply it in the morning, and that is just fine with me.

I have worn this blush most days in the month of October 2013 and I know I will continue to wear this blush throughout the winter.  I like to sometimes top it with a lighter shimmery blush if I want to change up the finish. I like to pair this with MAC Sheertone blush in Springsheen or Benefit Coralista if I want some sheen to the finish and to add a little warmth to the color on my cheeks.

I would absolutely recommend this shade, and really all the Tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour Blushes that I have tried out so far. I think they are absolutely beautiful products and because they will last for so long, I know I will not have a need to repurchase anytime in the near future.

I have gifted this particular blush, which is really the key to knowing how much I like a product!











No comments:

Post a Comment