Friday, November 1, 2013

Review: ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator

Product: ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator
Color:  Brown 
Price:  $3.00
Size:   0.15 oz/4.4 g
Packaging:  Sleek black lipstick tube
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  YAY

I picked up the ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator on a whim one day while shopping at Target. For $3.00 I figured why not give a try, especially as we are heading into the colder months. I find that ELF products can be either major hits or misses. This is a hit. I have not tried a high end exfoliator in a long time, I used to use Benefit's Dr. Feelgood Lipscription which was a two piece set with a type applicator of lip scrub and another with a thick balm. 

In the last several years I have pretty much just used my tooth brush and scrubbed my lips with it if I was in need of some lip exfoliation. And when I purchased the Clarisonic Mia I also ran that over my lips. Both of those things help to exfoliate my lips.

I really like this product. It has a nice grainy exfoliator with sugar crystals but also is extremely moisturizing with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils.  I just rub it several times over my slightly dampened lips and then rub my lips together. The ELF website says to then remove the remaining sugar crystals but I actually find that the product just rubs into my lips and then I don't lose out on the moisturizing qualities.

After I am done rubbing this into my lips, I apply a thick lip balm like Fresh Sugar Balm to really nourish my lips.  I go off and on with how often I use it. I do not find that the product is being used up too quickly and I do not find that it is too abrasive to use on a daily basis. I should probably use it on a daily basis to keep my lips looking their best but I find that I use it when I feel my lips feeling chapped.

I would absolutely recommend this product, at $3.00 its a great price point and I think that I might pick it up for some family and friends for the holiday season as a little stocking stuffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment