Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 2014 Favorites

This month because of the unbearably cold temperatures, my makeup looks have been pretty simple. The second I step outside, my eyes water uncontrollably and I feel my lips becoming more chapped by the second. My skin is painfully dry from having the heat on high, its overall in need for a simplified makeup look.

L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream - This moisturizer is luxurious and extremely moisturizing. I try not to use it every single day, so I have been alternating between this and an Estee Lauder sample that I received as a gift with purchase. This moisturizer claims to keep your skin moisturized for 24 hours and I absolutely believe that it accomplishes that goal. In this horrendous polar vortex temperatures that has been an essential. In addition I started using the Philosophy Help Me retinol treatment so my skin has been dryer as a result of that as well. Although I do not find the Help Me to be too drying, and in normal circumstances does not leave my skin feeling stripped of moisture, but combined with the subzero weather it doesn't help.

Nivea Milk & Honey Lipbalm - I keep this by my bed, and every night I put it on. Its really cold here and I find that my lips are getting chapped and painfully dry no matter what I do to protect them. I do find that this balm is great for moisturizing them and I think it is helping from letting them get too dried out. I actually picked up one of the Nivea balms for my little brother to try out too because he is having a hard time with the cold weather, and he is liking it too.

I haven't been wearing full-face makeup most days because my skin is so dry. I just throw on some concealer and light powder to keep it in place.



Tarte BB Tinted Undereye Corrector in fair to light - This corrector/concealer is amazing, unfortunately its only available on QVC, and QVC has greatly disappointed me with their inability to follow through on their AD promises. After being "on hold" for my second shipment of this and having been charged the entire time I got an email telling me I would not be receiving the December 9, 2013 or March 2014 shipment of this AD. And just on Friday, January 31, 2013 I received a ma
iling telling me that the December 9, 2013 set was cancelled. Their customer service has been nothing but a disappointment and I am extremely irritated. I have put a large dent in this product, and I am not sure when it will be launching in other stores or on the Tarte website. End vent. I use this to cover my undereye circles as well as redness around my nose and some blemishes. I follow it up with a translucent loose setting powder.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Fantastic - I have been wearing this blush most of the month. Its a light blue-toned bright pink and I really like the flush that it gives to my cheeks. It is great on my pale sunless skin and for the look that I have been wearing which is rather minimalist. I hit pan on this color this month, and I am currently searching for a replacement for when I finish this blush, which has inspired me to pull out my all my blushes and piece through what I have... a blush collection will be coming shortly.

Wet N Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer - I picked this up mid-November at Walgreens after seeing some great reviews. Its a great deal at $4.99 and the day I picked it up it was buy one get one 50% off, so I picked up two thinking I would pass one along to my sister. Since I got this I have not used my Tarte Clean Slate 360 creaseless 12-hour smoothing eye primer, which was my go to. I really like the Tarte, but at about a quarter the price, it makes a lot more sense to pick up the Wet N Wild because it works just as wonderfully. After using this consistently for just over two months, I have used just under half the tube, which means I think that one tube will probably last approximately 4-5 months which makes it an absolute steal.


MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - I finished up my benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Honey Bunny and I was excited to pick this up. This is a great base for creating a blank canvas on my eyelids. I have freckles and this covers them up on my eyelids really well. I always use this over a regular primer, as I do with all cream bases, so I don't know how it works alone. But I never have creasing, even after 12-16 hour days.


Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil - I got this at the holidays and I am really liking it. I have been wearing this every day pretty much, and keep it on my desk at work for reapplication. Its the perfect mix of color and balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment