Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair


Product: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
Color:  Fair
Price:  $8.99
Size:   0.20 fl oz
Packaging:  Click up concealer with spongy tip
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  leaning toward NAY

This was something that I was looking to purchase for quite some time. It's okay but I would not call it my favorite product. I do not like the dispenser. I either get barely any product (after two-three twists) or way too much product (after four twists).

The product claims to create a radiant, refreshed looking eye area utilizing a formula with goji berry and haloxy to erase dark circles and fine lines, as well as diminishing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes.


That's a lot of claims. I do find that the pigmentation of this product is potent. When you get the right amount of product out of the applicator it works great. It is very pigmented and has an almost dry texture to it. I like the drier texture of the product because I find that leads to less creasing. I find that it does smooth on under the eyes wonderfully, and I can actually use the shade fair as a natural highlight on my face as well. 

My biggest complaint about this product, and the reason I lean toward not repurchasing is that I think the packaging of this product leads to waste. This starts with the applicator. I think it soaks up product and is not hygienic. I am tempted to remove it but I have not done that yet. I am sure I will at some point.  Additionally, the clicking up of product is difficult to control, and sometimes you get too little and one more click gives ways too much product. I would personally prefer a squeeze tube application. 


I think the actual product is a good one. I just would just enjoy better packaging and delivery of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment