Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review: Physician's Formula Organic Wear Lash Boosting Mascara

Product: Physician's Formula Organic Wear Lash Boosting Mascara
Color:  Ultra Black
Price:  $9.99
Size:   0.26 oz
Packaging:  Black curved flat leaf patterned packaging with green script
Brush: Large rubberized bristle brush
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  Yay

I picked this mascara up on a whim when it was on sale and they had two mascaras packaged together for the price of one. I love the Organic Wear FakeOut Mascara, and so I decided to try this one out as well.

This mascara boosts several different benefits, including "100% saw enhanced lashes instantly" and "94% saw extended & fuller looking lashes after 4 weeks" through the combination of BioActive Minerals that nourish & strengthen hair and ProBiotic Protein to encourage protein synthesis for healthy hair.

I had to laugh when I read that 100% saw instantly enhanced lashes, well I would hope so or what is the point of wearing mascara? As for the four week fuller looking lashes, essentially to me, this means that this mascara has natural "conditioners" for the eyelashes.



I like the idea of more natural products, especially when it comes to my eyelashes. I have sensitive eyes, so I have to be very careful with my mascaras. I tend to have a lot of watering of my eyes and my eyes are really sensitive for any flaking of mascara. I am happy to say that this mascara doesn't irritate my eyes and I have not noticed any flaking. 

Color: I found this mascara to be a nice deep black color. I have used "darker" black colors before, but this is perfect for any everyday mascara look for me. 

Formula/Application: This mascara gave nice definition to my lashes and built a nice bit of natural looking volume and length. I find that this mascara can be built up with several coats. I tend to do just a single coat of mascara for day to day. I really like to also layer this mascara under more dramatic mascaras, such as Tarte's Lights, Cameras, Flashes so that the look does not get too clumpy or heavy looking. 

Wear Time: I find that this has normal wear time for me. Like I mentioned, I do not experience any flaking with this mascara. When my eyes water, the mascara does start to fade away, but if my eyes do not water throughout the day, the mascara lasts all day for me.

Would I repurchase? Perhaps, I still think I prefer the FakeOut to this one. But I would have to say that I almost find the two interchangeable and I would be happy to purchase either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment