Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: QVC Exclusive Tarte Colored Clay 7-pc Collection Auto-Delivery




I ordered the recent QVC TSV with Tarte, the Colored Clay 7 piece collection. It was the TSV on February 4, 2014, but is still available on the QVC website. This kit has a series of new Colored Clay products, and also has some other products. I honestly wasn't going to order this, but I have a whole lot of member credits because QVC cancelled my Tarte Beauty without Boundaries Auto Delivery and left me with a lot of credits I have to use up, so in an attempt to just use it up, I ordered this. If I am being honest, I would much rather have had the Beauty Without Boundaries kit, but this kit is fine.






The main components of the kit are the Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer and the Amazonian Colored Clay Liquid Foundation. The CC Primer has launched at Sephora, Ulta and on the Tarte website. The product has color correcting clays, in purple and green, as well as skin tone colored pigments. The stick format is convenient for use, however, the product I received was defective as the entire inner tube fell out of the packaging. The skin tone portion of the CC Primer is a darker than the the typical fair shade that I have received from Tarte, but I am able to get it to blend in. The finish is soft and appear to be like a cream to powder.  The purple is meant to color correct dullness, and the green is meant to color correct redness. I do not think this product alone is enough to correct the skin tone, but I do find that it wears well under the foundation. I am disappointed with the product packaging defect.

The Amazonian Colored Clay Liquid Foundation is a very unique product, or at least the packaging is quite unique. It is packaged in a jar, that requires it to be shaken up well before application. The foundation has very strong pigmentation. I find that a little bit does go a long way. I find that for a liquid foundation this can be be a bit drying. I have only worn it twice, so I cannot speak too much on the product yet. I find that it is long wearing, although after several hours it does tend to gather in my pores. The finish is a natural matte finish, not too matte though. I think that this is good for a natural but fully pigmented and coverage foundation. I found the fair shade to be a good color match, and that is the shade I wear in all my Tarte products.

The kit did include a bamboo foundation brush for application of the foundation and primer. As with all Tarte brushes I have used, I find this brush to be very soft and well made. The brush is a flat slanted style brush. It has a very small head which means that it takes longer for application. I have used the Samantha Chapman Real Techniques buffer brush which made the coverage lighter.




Amazonian Colored Clay Bronzer Blush in Pink Bronze is a unique product. It is a multi-toned and colored bronzer, with various bronze and pink shades. I like the color that this creates, it is a great bronzer shade for those that are fair with pink-undertones because it more closely matches the actual bronzed shade that my skin naturally becomes with sun. I do not like that the bronzer has a discernible gold glitter, because that takes away the natural look of a bronzer. I do find that this shade works well for me for a blush or an all over warmth and bronzer look.

This kit comes with a Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara and a Amazonian Colored Clay Eyeliner. The mascara is a staple in my routine/collection, mostly because I have so many backups of this mascara. I prefer the Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara and the Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, which in my opinion would have been better in this Colored Clay kit to include the clay mascara. I do like the effect of the Lights, Camera, Lashes. I have a ton of black eyeliners, but the eyeliner included appears to be very pigmented and long-wearing from my initial testing. It was nothing outstanding.

Another new product launch with this kit was the LipSurgence lip gloss in True Love. This color is really beautiful its a pinkish red color. This has pink micro-shimmer in it. It has a nice vanilla bakery scent. It is not too sticky, but still has decent wear time. This pink/red shade is bright and really brightens my complexion. I like this lipgloss formula and I can see myself getting quite some wear from this.


No comments:

Post a Comment