Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day Treat: Estee Lauder Gift with Purchase



My mom swears by the Estee Lauder Youth Dew fragrances, and recently they had a gift with purchase that was partnered with Lilly Pulitzer. I love Lilly Pulitzer prints and designs, so my mom decided to share the gift with purchase with me for Valentine's Day. I had the best Valentine in the world!

I think the partnering between Estee Lauder and Lilly Pulitzer began in 2013, and it appears that most of the gifts with purchases through out 2013 and now into 2014 have a Lilly Pulitzer bag. Some of the gifts with purchase have compacts and mirrors with Lilly Pulitzer print and design. I have a makeup bag from last year, which I keep at work with my essentials, makeup remover, oil blotting papers, powder, lip balm, and some other essentials.



I find a lot of times that gift with purchase bags are not very durable or user friendly. I worked in cosmetics at Macy's years ago and I received many free gifts with purchase perks, and I must admit the only bag I really religiously used from that was from Benefit, and that is because that bag is a true makeup bag. I have had the bag since 2009 and I use it daily for my everyday makeup on the go. I do my makeup for work most days on the way to work.

I really like the bag that came with this set. It has a plastic exterior, which makes it easy to keep nice, and not a worry to throw in my work bag. I also like that it is a more rigid and structured bag due to the plastic exterior, which means, I would not worry about my products being damaged if I were to throw this makeup bag in a large purse or tote. I do not see myself replacing my Benefit cosmetic bag with this one for my everyday work makeup, because I love that the Benefit bag unzips and opens flat with slots for makeup brushes.

I do think I will be using this bag a lot for my travel makeup bag though. I love the print, it make me smile, and I find that the structure of the bag will keep my products safe.

And the bag is not all that is included, there are several sample products included, including the Advanced Night Repair and Advanced Time Zone moisturizer and eye moisturizer, as well as my old favorite face cleanser in Perfectly Clean. I really do like Estee Lauder skincare line, I used to use these products exclusively. I have not had the best results with Estee Lauder mascara, but I will give this one a chance. The lipstick is in Pink Parfait, which I believe I have received in a previous gift with purchase set. This lipstick is a frosty light pink, and not something I really use. I love the pure color long lasting lip color in Pinkberry, and would love if that would make it into a gift with purchase. The frosty baby pink shade is not really my favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment