Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: ELF Studio Lip Lock Pencil


Product: ELF Studio Lip Lock Pencil
Color:  Clear
Price:  $3.00
Size:   0.68 oz
Packaging:  Black twist up tube
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  YAY

This is a product that I picked up at Target on a whim. I am not really into lipliner, although I have a few shades. I really like the idea of a clear lipliner. This pencil is great for using with any lip color. You can trace the outline of the lip as a barrier to keep the color on the lips. It fills in the lines and creates a barrier so there is no feathering. 



I prefer to wear it as a base all over my lips to keep my lip color on longer. I do not find that I have a lot of issues with feathering, so for me my purpose in using a lipliner has more to do with the longevity of a lip color.

This is not a moisturizing product, and on these bitterly cold days, I don't necessarily like to wear this on a daily basis.  But I do find that is good to wear when needed. I am sure once we are not averaging temperatures in the teens and below, it will not be such an issue. Lately I am happy just to wear lipbalm 90% of the time.

I think the packaging is great. I like that it is a twist up pencil. Because the pencil is a bit chubbier, I find that it is perfect for filling in the entire lip as a base layer.  I find that the packaging is sleek and functional. There is a nice click when it closes to show it is securely closed.

I would absolutely recommend this product. I think that is multi-purpose, as either an anti-feathering product or just to use as an all-over base that is perfect with any shade of lipstick. There are many higher end products that are similar and I think this is just as good and for $3.00 is a well worth it purchase. For someone like me who only has a few shades of lipliner I think that the clear lipliner is a better way to multi-purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment