Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 2013 Favorites


I love the start of Fall. Now that its the end of October I am getting into what I call Fall Holiday mode. As the weather gets crisper and the leaves start to change, I start to decorate my house with fall decor and break out the fall themed candles and I find that I spend a ton of time with family during these months as well.

I can't believe that we are done with October already. This October has not been all fall weather, at least here in Michigan, we have had a really up and down temperature wise month.  And as a result, my allergies have been going haywire. When my allergies are out of control, I tend to wear less eye makeup because my eyes tend to get very irritated and watery. So my look this month has been about a simple but fresh look, with emphasis on color in my cheeks and a refined my lips but better lip look.

On a side note, this October marks six months that I have been at my new job. I am really happy with my new job and things have been going great. This job has given me the opportunity to actually enjoy my free time, and I am so grateful for that.


l'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream. This face cream is still a favorite. I love how moisturized and soft this product makes my skin feel. I think that especially as we move toward the colder months and temperature I will continue to love this product.

EOS Fresh Watermelon Lip Balm. These little spheres have been all the rage for quite awhile. I had not tried one until I saw this cute little Breast Cancer two pack set with the limited edition scent Fresh Watermelon. I am so glad I picked the set up. I really like the scent of this one and it is a nice lip balm, not a super duty moisturizer, but it is nice to thrown on when I am at work and my lipstick has worn off through out the day. If you can still find one of these scents and love watermelon pick it up! 

Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-hour Primer in Fair. I have been using this as a part of my barely there makeup look. It is marked as a primer but can be worn solo because it does have a light coverage. It helps my skin look more even and does not cover my freckles. It feels like skin and is super quick for applying.

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair.  This lightweight product is perfect for throwing on as part of my fresh faced makeup look I have been going for. I want my skin to look flawless but not done up, and I find that this powder is perfect for that. It helps to keep my oil at bay, but it feels very light and like its not even there.



Tarte BB Tinted Undereye Corrector in fair to light. I got this awesome under eye product with a QVC TSV. It has a nice thick consistency but is not drying. I find I like to apply it with my ring finger. I find that works very well to cover up my under eye circles.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Flush. Flush is a matte berry colored blush. While all Tarte blushes are extremely pigmented, I think this is the most pigmented one I have tried, which means I have to be careful with application. But with a light hand and the right brush, I find this color is absolutely beautiful and really brightens my face.

Maybelline Color Sensational in Plaza Pink. This is a my lips but better shade with a touch of purple undertones. I love this shade of lipstick for the fall, its natural looking but has the touch of purple to it that makes it more fall-toned. I have just a bit left of this lipstick and unfortunately I have not been able to find a replacement or dupe for it. I imagine I will probably end up finishing off this lipstick this fall season. While this color is a matte creme finish it is not drying. I find that it wears well through the day and wears off in an even manner.

Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose. This lip butter is moisturizing and lightweight. Its another my lips but better color in a more nude color. This lip butter has a slight minty scent and tingle to the lips, which I like as it feels fresh. The color lasts well on the lips for a couple of hours and wears off nicely. It has great sheen and feels very comfortable to wear.

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Honey Bunny. This is a matte beige cream shade. This is an old product that was starting to dry out, and so I have been working to finish it up. I have really enjoyed using it again. I like that is helps to cover my freckles on my eyelid and just give me a cohesive smooth color. If I don't wear a primer under it, I do find that it can crease, but that what happens for me with pretty much all shadows, cream or powder. This product is not made in this shade any longer, but I think I might try out the MAC painterly paint pot when I have finished this product up.

Wet n Wild eyeshadow in Brulee.  I like to pop this over my Benefit cream shadow in Recess to finish off my eyes on my barely there makeup days.

Physician's Formula Organic wear Fake-Out Mascara in Ultra Black. Because my eyes have been so irritated lately, I have been sticking to this mascara because its my most natural mascara. It gives a nice lash effect and 

OPI Nail Polish in Ski Teal We Drop.  This is one of my go too fall colors. Teal is the color for Ovarian Cancer awareness, and I wear this color in honor of those that we have lost to Ovarian Cancer and those that are still fighting every day.

This October marked five years since I lost a very important family member to cancer. It was a very  difficult month for my family and I. There is not a day that I do not think of her, but I find that this month I was caught with grief in a different way more than I am usually. The fact that it has been five years and all that has happened in those intervening five years, makes me miss her even more. Sometimes I think its been so long since she was here, and other days it feels like I just saw her so that makes it even more difficult to think that it has been five years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment