Saturday, October 26, 2013

NOTD: Maybelline Navy Narcissist and Julep Blake ][v][ GO BLUE ][v][

As a University of Michigan alumna and huge fan of all that is Michigan football, I felt that maize and blue manicure was a necessity leading up to next weekend's game against Michigan State University.

For this look, I used Maybelline Color Show Metallics in Navy Narcissist. This "navy" color has a true royal blue shine through it, and is not as deep of a navy as one would typically expect. This mix of royal blue and navy is what makes it perfect for this manicure. I like the finish of this shade because its a metallic that doesn't leave any sort of streak behind, which can be difficult. I often find that metallic finish polishes look a bit grainy or leave streaks even after two to three coats, but this one applies beautifully. I did do two coats because I tend to prefer two coats, but I think that in a rush I could have done just one. I would recommend this shade of Maybelline Color Show to anyone, although I do not know if it was a special edition collection because I have not seen it recently in the drugstores.

One complaint in general about the Maybelline Color Show polishes is that they are about half the size of the typical nail polish. I picked this and all the other Color Shows I have purchased on a sale, I think buy one get one 50% off, plus combined with coupons, but I wouldn't recommend paying full price for any of the Color Show polishes unless the color was drop dead gorgeous! I do think that they tend to be cheaper at Target than the drugstore.



To compliment my blue, I used my one and only yellow polish. I received the Julep polish in Blake in my initial Julep Maven box, and at first I wasn't so sure about it. But boy am I glad I got it. It works perfect for this look, and I feel like its a really nice and sunshiny yellow in general. I do not wear a lot of yellow, but this is a very nice clear light and bright yellow color. I love the finish of Julep polishes, I have five shades currently, I gifted one of the ones I received in my second Maven box. I have two cream finishes, like Blake, and find those to be beautiful and opaque in two even light coats. I also find that the color lasts without chipping beautifully. I would recommend Julep polishes to anyone. I do find the price to be steep, at $14, so I would recommend doing something like the Maven box, although that can be hit or miss as well because you do not get to pick your individual colors. I did spot a grey set on Sephora.com for $15 which I am tempted to purchase.

Next up after this look, I will revert to one of my more typical fall colored looks, but this was too fun not to try out. I was planning on adding some white dotting or striping, but was not having as much luck with that. I would like to do something a little more intricate. Maybe for the UM v OSU game Thanksgiving Weekend.

Hope you enjoy some college football this weekend and fall colored manicures. ][v][ GO BLUE ][v][

No comments:

Post a Comment