Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Review: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen

Product: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen
Color:  Fair
Price:  $34
Size:   1 oz
Packaging: Opaque White Tube
Scent: None
Yay or Nay? YAY


I got this as part of a great QVC auto-delivery TSV. The set is still available on QVC, although it doesn't appear to be available in auto-delivery anymore.

To be quite honest the auto-delivery later deliveries are what sold me when I was looking at purchasing the kit. The December kit includes the Amazon Escape Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette  and the March 2014 kit includes NeutralEYES Volume II Natural Eye Palette, along with the primer, corrector, a lipstick and mascara.

But back to the Primer, the grounding point of this kit. This primer has a nice smooth texture.  It is almost mousse like in consistency and blends in really nicely to the skin. It leaves a perfected texture behind, helping to smooth out fine lines and minimize the feel and appearance of pores.



I do wish there were more color choices. This shade is a bit yellow and light for me, but because I do not wear it as a stand alone face product it still works. It sheers out fairly well, so I do not feel that it leaves a too light cast on my already fair skin. The light color is a bit too dark and almost orange for my skin tone. I am fair with cool undertones and a lot of freckles.

I find that this helps my makeup look fresher as the day goes on. I do find that I still get oily in my t-zone about half way through my work day, but that happens with almost all primers I have ever used.

Tarte QVC Set
I like the way that this feels on my skin. My skin does not feel weighed down or like I have too many products on when I wear this a primer under a liquid foundation with a dusting of powder over. That could easily look over done or caked on, but I find that this primer helps keep the look natural.

I have worn this primer solo with a powder over it, and I do not find that it gives me enough coverage for what I would like. I think that if it was a no makeup kind of day and I wanted to throw something on quickly to even out my skin this would be okay for a light evening but for work or any other day when I want to look done this product alone is not enough for me.

I am excited to continued to use this product and see how I continue to work with it. I have also mixed it with a slightly too dark BB cream to try to use that too dark product and I love that I can multipurpose with the products.

If you are looking for a BB cream that you can wear solo and you have flawless skin to begin with and fall into one of the few shade choices you will love this for that, but I do not think that is what Tarte was looking to create. This is marked as a Primer, and I think that is what it is best at being. It helps create a flawless face for your more heavy duty coverage, whether that be a liquid, cream or powder product and it pairs wonderfully with all different textures.

I would recommend trying this product out. I first tried it out in a sample from Ulta. Look for the great kit on QVC as well to get this along with another great new product the BB corrector/concealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment