Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream


Product: L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream
Price:  $42.00
Size:   1.7 oz
Packaging:  Clear glass jar with silver embossed lid
Scent: slight scent of shea
Yay or Nay?  YAY

This is the most luxurious face moisturizer that I have every tried.  The cream is a thick, but not too heavy, consistency that thoroughly hydrates my skin. There is not a strong scent to this product. It is super smooth in texture and it almost melts right into the skin on application. Sometimes face creams can feel greasy on your skin, but I do not find that this feels greasy or leaves behind any ill effects.

One of the claims of this product is that it is proven to increase skin hydration for 24 hours. I originally got this is a small foil sample packet from a Sephora order and it completely impressed me instantly. My skin has gotten drier as I have gotten older and I really find that I need additional moisture in my skin.

I use this product as a night cream only. I find that it does leave my skin feeling moisturized for a full 24 hours. I am very thankful for the sample I got and the results I have gotten with it.



This product does not boast any anti-aging qualities, so I am not necessarily expecting any. I do find that it locks in my moisture and I am using other serum type products and oils to help fight aging.

The L'Occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream is great for my sensitive skin, I have not had any negative reactions. I was worried at first that the oily parts of my combination skin would get clogged up or react from this product. However, I have been lucky so far.

As silly as it may sound to say, I really enjoy the beautiful packaging that this cream is housed in. Its simple but very beautiful and luxurious looking. With

The fact that it is a clear glass jar may not be the best for leaving out on a counter because I am often worried that light will effect products in clear packaging. I leave it in medicine cabinet for safe keeping of the product. I like that the packaging has a nice weight to it and does not seem to be overly fragile. The fact that it is a jar does not make it the most hygienic container. But I also have clean hands when I am applying my moisturizer, so its one of those things I have come to accept about this.

As far as recommendations. I do recommend this product if are in need of intense hydration and you use a serum product for anti-aging or are not in need of anti-aging products. If you have oily skin with dry spots, I do still think that this would work. I do not find any negative results on my more oily areas of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment