Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review: Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream


Product: Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream
Color:  Light/Medium
Price:  $12-$15
Size:   1.2 oz
Packaging: White and Silver Tube with clear space showing color.
Scent: Sunscren
Yay or Nay? NAY

As with most of my Physician's Formula products I bought this product on a deal. It was 40% off at Meijer (local grocery chain) and it had a peelie for buy 3 products get $25.00 back. I picked up the powder, cream, and concealer. I already had one of the powders when I saw this deal. I really like powder, well off and on, and so I thought I would give the rest of the line a try.

This product, as well as the rest of the line, only comes in 2 colors, light/medium and medium/deep. I think that is not good. I know these BB creams are supposed to fit a wider range, but I think that there should be more than two shades. I am extremely fair, and so the light/medium shade is too dark and orange for me.



I gave the concealer to a friend who is darker than me, but I kept the BB cream to mix with lighter products and to use solo on lounge around the house days very lightly. If I apply this cream lightly than it will work.

The BB Cream has a thick texture and it has a slight slip to the texture. It takes awhile for this product to set and dry down. When I first apply its tacky to the touch. I have to let it dry completely down before I can apply a powder over it. Once it does dry down it has a nice finish, with a slight glow or sheen that is not greasy looking.

I do find that this does not help with larger pores and can almost pool in them. I do not think that the texture of this is completely smooth, even when fully set and dry but it does not feel heavy on my face.

BB creams have so many claims, and I know I do not think that these are true all-in-one magic products that they claim to be. I do find that this BB is moisturizing, like a tinted moisturizer, although I do tend to still wear a true moisturizer under it. I like that it has a SPF 30 in it because to me its a nice product for a day when you do not really want to think about anything and just run out the door. I don't know about this being firming or smoothing, but I do see brightening effect.

I would not recommend this product, unless the color is spot on and you are just looking for a light coverage with spf to throw on and go. While I didn't return this product because I got it for such a steal, I would definitely not repurchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment