Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Brown Sugar

Product: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Color:  Brown Sugar
Price:  $7.49 - $9.99
Size:   0.09 oz
Packaging:  Transparent quilted packaging colored to match the lip shade
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  NAY

Brown Sugar Lip Butter is a shimmered metallic beige color that is neutral warm in tone. I find that it covers the more natural pinkish tint of my lips, but doesn't give them that "dead effect".  I am not crazy about this color honestly. To me its just okay. I would probably like it better if it didn't have the shimmer/metallic finish, and when I purchased it I did not see the shimmer finish through the cap of the packaging. It looked more like a cream finish. 

This leaves behind glitter as it wears off. That looks just plan strange to have just random glitter left on my lips, or elsewhere on my face.



I find this formula to be drying on my lips and I can feel the grit of the glitter. I do think that this color can look nice paired on top of other lip products to add a sheen/metallic finish to the look. Also I think that this would look nice in the middle of the bottom lip to create a fuller lip look. I will have to try out some lip combos to find a way to make it work.

I would not recommend this shade in particular, although do not let that detract from my overall recommendation for the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter line. It is not my personal taste. I am happy I purchased this for a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment