Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Candy Apple


Product: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Color:  Candy Apple
Price:  $7.49 - $9.99
Size:   0.09 oz
Packaging:  Transparent quilted packaging colored to match the lip shade
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  YAY


Candy Apple Lip Butter is a beautiful red with a warm pink undertone. This shade appears to have some micro shimmer in it, which helps to give that pink glow, although it is not glittery on the lips, and it feels very soft and smooth like the completely cream finish shades. This shade is very unique. It is a mix of red and pink to me. And it is very complimentary on my skin. I like this color for summer into early fall. I find that it is a great color for brightening my complexion.  I like this sort of red because it has pink in it, and I am much more comfortable wearing a pink shade then red, so that makes this lipstick color not too far from my comfort zone. This is an everyday type color for me. I like to wear it with one coat, although the intensity and pigmentation of the color can be built up.


Even though this shade has micro glitter particles, I do not find it to be drying on my lips. This shade has the slick slippery finish of the cream based shades. It is not moisturizing in my opinion, but it does not dry my lips out either.

This is one of my favorite shades in the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter line. I would recommend it to everyone! I think that this color would be flattering on all skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment