Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder

I have the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder, a well loved product up for review.

Color:  Fair
Price:  $9.99 (although you can always find it on sale)
Size:   0.28 oz
Packaging:  White plastic with mirror and sponge
Yay or Nay?  YAY - a favorite powder

This may just be my favorite all over face favorite powder. I use a large powder brush to apply this powder, so its really more of a setting powder than anything else for me. I find that it helps to keep my makeup looking fresh all day, and I can touchup with the powder without it looking caked on. The powder is extremely finely milled and so soft to the touch, but not in the sense that the powder crumbles on touch. 

I have a backup of this powder that I bought when I had a coupon and there was a sale, so I grabbed it for under $5.00 to keep as a backup, and that is great for me. 




I have read in reviews that the quality of this powder is similar to much higher end powders. I have never purchased a high end all over face powder, so I do not have any to compare it to. I actually find allover face powders to be a challenge, but I have been very happy with this powder since I originally purchased it in January of this year. I find that it helps control my oil, but doesn't make my face look too matte. My face has a natural matte appearance. This powder doesn't dull the skin, but keeps me from looking too oily half way through the day. As well, this powder works well on the drier areas of my face as well.

I do not use this powder every single day, as I like to use my other powders that I have purchased as well. But I find that the powder itself lasts quite a while, with daily use, I still think that this powder would last approximately four months with my daily use. If you were to use the powder with the included sponge applicator for a heavier application, I do not think that it would last as long. 

I have used the included sponge for occasional touchups if I do not have a powder brush with me. I find that it can make the application a little heavier but I press the puff on my skin and then wipe a bit with my hands if I feel its too heavy. 

I would recommend this powder to anyone if you are looking for a light weight natural looking finishing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment