Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Red Velvet


Product: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Color:  Red Velvet
Price:  $7.49 - $9.99
Size:   0.09 oz
Packaging:  Transparent quilted packaging colored to match the lip shade
Scent: None
Yay or Nay?  YAY

Red Velvet Lip Butter is a cream finish deep almost cranberry red. The red has a slight blue/purple undertone that pulls it more cool and helps to keep the teeth from looking too yellowed. I find that this is a great fall color. I am not a big red lip color girl. I don't have very many red products, I think less than five probably, and two are lip butters! I like red in this more sheer but still pigmented way. It makes it not feel so out of my comfort zone. I think a good red color can make you feel very powerful and take charge, and so having one that I can wear comfortably makes it even better.

This is a beautiful fall color, It complements a more subdued neutral eye look, my go to in the fall, or a deeper fall themed eye look.  This lip butter is one of the cream finish and it has a beautiful glossy sheen that helps to make this extremely wearable for all, even those afraid of reds!



You can go with a sheerer swipe of color that gives an almost stained effect to the lips or build the color up to go full fall/winter lips. I find that this color compliments my extremely fair cool toned complexion.

This was an impulse purchase and without a doubt out of my comfort level, but I am so happy I have tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment